In the past few months, I have been putting all my efforts into rebuilding one of my rental properties. I did not fully anticipate having to do this much work to the house, but that is how it goes. In the process, I had to let the house that I was starting to remodel just sit and wait- There is not enough of me to go around.
Anyhow, things are shaping up, and I am getting my hopes up that the house will be better than it ever has been. It will have a new kitchen and 2 new baths. All the plumbing will be new, and the electrical will be mostly updated. new floors throughout, all new blinds and paint, all new fixtures and it will be very clean. I might not want to rent it after this.
Anyhow, I finished hanging the rock in the kitchen, and it is being skimmed after I finish this post. I actually have running water in the laundry room and the sink works- Talk about progress. I have been without water for about 5 months now, so this is a major step forward.
Also, talk about a stroke of luck! I was with my daughter buying blinds, and I almost bought the cheaper stuff. However, the nicest blinds were on clearance for 90% off, and I loaded up. I bought blinds for the other house also. The renters have better stuff than me!
I bought $2000 in blinds for about $200.
My house is now loaded with blinds for the other house. I also got lucky with some light fixtures that cost $30, and I paid $7!
Things are looking up, and all the while, the stocks have been doing just fine. My GE stake has seen a nice move to the upside, and I bought a good size block of T with my dividends. I wish I had lots of time to just write and trade stocks, but I have to keep up with the issues that cream up along the way. I have built this managerie, and I must keep it up or pay the price. Things should slow down as soon as I finish this one, but until then, I need to keep the nose to the grindstone. Good luck.
Robert the DividendDreamer
AKA — Seeking Dividends
Follow me on Twitter– Seeking Dividends@DividendDreamer
AKA — DividendDreamer