I have been nominated for the Leibster award by ChasingGains.
The Liebster Award is passed on from blog to blog to help the community network and discover new, upcoming blogs while learning more about its bloggers in the process.
Liebster Award Rules
The rules are simple:
You are to share 11 facts about yourself so readers can get to know you better.
Mention has to be made to the person that nominated you;
Answer the 5-11 questions that were asked by the person that nominated you;
Nominate another 3-5 bloggers to receive the Liebster Award and ask them 5-11 questions;
Let your nominees know either by leaving a comment on their blog, sending them an email, calling them out on social media, etc.
11 Facts about me:
1. Although I listen to bands ranging from Rush to Def Leppard, my favorite type of music is Classical/Romantic- Beethoven! I have every piece of music Beethoven wrote both Opus and Non Opus-even the stuff scribbled on cocktail napkins.
2. As a teenager, I was called the scholarship boy with muscles.
3. My father was also my best friend.
4. I once bowled 39 strikes in a row in practice immediately following the worst 3 game total of my life- 27 splits on pocket shots in league play!
5. I can fix anything, if I want to. That is the reason I am a packrat. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
6. In 1997, I walked out with 1350 pounds and did 4 – 6 inch squats and then reracked the bar- managed to squat 900 on way to AAU nationals that was cancelled.
7. Graduated with a 4.0 average through college.
8. My favorite sculptor is Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni.
9. I happen to think that Pink Floyd gave possibly the best onstage performance ever with The Division Bell Tour.
10. My favorite drummer is Neil Pearl followed very closely by Carl Palmer.
11. I keep many lists. I actually have lists of my lists.
Questions asked by ChasingGains:
1. If you could move to any part of the world right now, where would you go and why?
I would love to live in the southwest in Arizona. The Grand Canyon left a mark on my soul. I felt as if time stood still as I stood on the Rim of the Grand Canyon. It was truly amazing!
2. Favourite activity to do on weekends?
In the past, it was waterskiing, but now, my attention is on my children and their activities. Football and gymnastics fill most weekends lately.
3. You win $10 million in the lotto, how do you spend, save or invest it?
I am guessing that the 10 million is the payout after taxes. If that is the case, I know that I would live like I did not have the money for at least a year. During that year, I would try to liquidate all of my “collections.” Did I mention I am a packrat? The collections of lawnmowers and parts and stereo equipment would have to go to new homes. I would repair all of my properties during that year to help with the tax issues from interest, dividends and capital gains on the new money. After the money is making money as if it was a business, I would like to spend my time volunteering at local events and charities. I could donate time and money and still be able to take care of my family. That would be a wonderful thing to do.
4. Favourite memory as a kid?
I can remember the very first time I went to Disney World with my parents. It is in my mind like it happened yesterday.
5. Why did you start blogging?
The absolutely 100% honest reason I started blogging was to try to add a potential income stream to my passive income. I read blogs for many years, but never commented. Then, one day I just started to comment and wrote a bit. I read a bunch on blogging, but I have yet to implement most of it. My next step is to self host. I have lots of irons in the fire right now. Lately, I have been a Jack of all trades and a master of none! I need to change that soon. I have been trying to concentrate on the most important things first, but with the kids, work, investing, writing, my mother, repairs, collecting rent, fixing toilets and everything else that goes along with living life, I find it hard to get more than just the basics plus a little done each day. So, I write when I get a chance- mostly when I should be sleeping like right now.
6. What is your favorite place that you have visited?
I guess one might say that the Grand Canyon would fit the bill. However, that was an experience more than a visitation. I experienced the Grand Canyon! I would have to say that Disney World is my favorite place to visit. I can go there and feel exactly the same going every time. Also, the moment I leave, I am making plans to go back as soon as possible.I have some really fabulous memories of Disney World.
7. If money wasn’t a factor, what would be your dream job?
I always wanted to be a college professor. I actually thought about teaching a few years back, but issues with tenure at the University caused me to rethink that decision. Ever since I was a young kid, I was fascinated with serial crimes. I think I would like to be a crime scene investigator.
8. What is your overall goal in life?
When I was younger, my goal was to be a doctor. Was it the right choice not to continue with Medical School? Well, tomorrow, I am going to be at my son’s baseball game. How many professionals can just take off and go to a game at any time? I have a laborious job, but it is flexible and allows me to be with my wife and kids whenever I choose. I have come to accept the condescending remarks about why did I choose such a job over being a doctor by enjoying the time I have during my day watching my kids and their friends play while most of the other professionals work. When I look at it like that, it seems that most of my goals have been met. However, if I had to say one goal for the future, it would be for my kids to see me in the same light that I saw my father.
My 5 nominations for the Leibster Award are:
Viviane at Well Rounded Investor.
I think she is heading in the right direction and diversifying her potential income streams very nicely.
Henry at Living At Home. http://livingathome.weebly.com/
He seems to have developed a plan and he is executing on that plan.
Scott at TwoInvesting. http://www.twoinvesting.com/ I like the way Scott is working towards his degree as well as building a portfolio for his FI.
Mstcourtjester at Mstcourtjester’s Blog.
He is a really cool guy. He does a lot of different styles of trading and investing. Very interesting. Also he likes to lift weights which is always a plus.
I really like his blog. He has a lot of the same things going on as I do, and he has kids that are a little older than mine.
I am very happy to be a part of this community. Hopefully, we can all benefit from one another’s knowledge. I plan on using as much of the information that I can to eventually achieve FI.
Robert the DividendDreamer